[rt-devel] RT 1.3.17

Jesse jesse at fsck.com
Fri Sep 15 12:34:35 EDT 2000

On Fri, Sep 15, 2000 at 05:57:36AM -0700, ivan wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 15, 2000 at 01:30:14AM -0400, Jesse wrote:
> >
> > I'd appreciate it. The first person (other than me) to create a ticket by
> > mail, cli and web (without hacking code) gets to name the alpha1 release.*
>
> Yay!  I'm probably disqualified, though.

Nope. you count. I take it that means you made it happen?

> > You get bonus points if you do it on oracle.
>
> No oracle for me, but on a similar topic, what's the status of the Pg
> port?

I dunno. the folks doing the original postgres port fel off the face of the earth.  There are several components to this that would need doing:
        1. Adding a SearchBuilder::Handle::Pg
                The interesting thing here is how to deal with uniqueids for
                inserts...but it shouldn't be too hard.
        2. Creating a schema
                This is really just porting the existing mysql schema
        3. ACLs and database creation.

Anyone wanna sign up for any of these three tasks?

> Here's some (fairly trivial) diffs:

I'll try to integrate those into 1.3.18 (which I suspect Ivan gets to name)

        -j