[rt-devel] RT 1.3.17

Alex Pilosov alex at pilosoft.com
Fri Sep 15 13:29:07 EDT 2000

On Fri, 15 Sep 2000, Jesse wrote:

> I dunno. the folks doing the original postgres port fel off the face of the earth.  There are several components to this that would need doing:
>         1. Adding a SearchBuilder::Handle::Pg
>                 The interesting thing here is how to deal with uniqueids for
>                 inserts...but it shouldn't be too hard.
Ya, postgres has a different idea of OID. (I.E. when you do an insert into
table with auto-incremented column, you can get back an OID of the row
inserted, then you have to do a query (select pkey from table where
oid=youroid) to get the pkey. This allows to scale where more than one
field is autoincremented, or where autoincremented field is not pkey (or
where's no pkey).

>         2. Creating a schema
>                 This is really just porting the existing mysql schema
I'll probably start with oracle schema, as mysql has way too many
non-portable idiosyncrasies.

>         3. ACLs and database creation.
> Anyone wanna sign up for any of these three tasks?
Tomorrow is hacking day, and I'll try to do all that.

I managed to get RT 1.3.somewhere-in-march with postgres, shouldn't be
that hard to do it again. That RT was badly broken so I threw it away and
never worked more on it :)

-alex