[rt-devel] You should really get the HTML out the code....

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery at ece.cmu.edu
Sat Feb 10 16:10:06 EST 2001

On Saturday, February 10, 2001 16:04:54 -0500, Jesse <jesse at fsck.com> wrote:
+-----
| Ah. everywhere I've been, we've dealt with that at the policy layer.
| The policy was: "Don't touch a ticket unless you're the owner or
| have gotten approval from the owner."
+--->8

Random people do not take tickets, nor are they supposed to.  Admins assign
them to people instead.

The problem is that not everyone can watch the queue all the time, so three
of us watch the queue as time permits.  This usually works out well ---
tickets get assigned on a timely basis, becaue it's unusual for Jim, Lou,
and myself to *all* be too busy to watch the queue.  But occasionally this
means two admins conflict.

The *real* problem is that sometimes one admin will kill a ticket (often,
in fact --- we do get a fair number of "noise" tickets from cron jobs
etc.).  This is permitted even if it's been assigned to someone else, which
just sucks if another admin sees something he doesn't like in the ticket
and takes or assigns it.

brandon s. allbery     [os/2][linux][solaris][japh]   allbery at kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator        [WAY too many hats]         allbery at ece.cmu.edu
electrical and computer engineering                                   KF8NH
carnegie mellon university     ["better check the oblivious first" -ke6sls]