[rt-devel] a couple of minor 2.0.1 issues

Jesse jesse at fsck.com
Thu Jul 19 11:45:55 EDT 2001

On Thu, Jul 19, 2001 at 11:21:59AM -0400, Vivek Khera wrote:
> I'm finally playing with setting up RT myself, after lurking here for
> a couple of weeks.
>
> Anyhow, I wanted to do the install as non-root user.  This fails
> because rt2/etc directory is chmod'd to 555, which makes little
> sense.  The directory should at least be 755.  If the install is owned
> by root, then 755 doesn't let anyone else write to it anyhow, but if
> the install is non-root, 555 prevents the install from completing,
> since the owner can't write to the directory.  The change is just to
> the Makefile:

Thanks, this will get into 2.0.2 or 2.0.3.

> So now I've got it running, and am testing out some Scrips.  I notice
> that sometimes the mail messages contain extra CTRL-M characters at
> the end of the lines.  This comes from the TEXTAREA form fields.

I actually thought we were already doing this. _which_ textareas are
not getting properly handled?

> Also, the comment in config.pm about leaving hostname blank for
> fastest connection to the database is false for Postgres.  It causes
> an error on connect if you do that.

Thanks, that'll get noted in 2.0.2 or 2.0.3

> Finally, a qustion: how do I make the "resolve" scrip template include
> the content of the resolution response?  That is, I click "resolve"
> and enter a message.  How does that get sent to the requestor also?
> Right now I just get the stock template text.  I tried adding
> {$Transaction->Content()} to the template, but that came up empty.  I
> also tried switching the response type from comment to normal response
> and that ended up sending two replies, one the normal message with the
> response content, and one the resolved message.

That's somewhat tricky, as the resolve and the comment are technically
seperate transactions.  There's probably a  way to hack around it by grabbing
a transaction of type 'correspond' or 'comment' with the same actor
and timestamp  in the template.  Longer term, this is a design change
that needs to happen.