[rt-devel] Odd behaviour

Feargal Reilly feargal at online.thecia.ie
Fri May 25 14:51:17 EDT 2001

Hi,
This is an intentional bug...

When you view a ticket, by defalut, the system updates the status to open if the current status is new, new essentially meaning 'unread'. This came about as some people pointed out it was silly having to update status everytime you took a ticket. You just happen to use RT differently to most.

What's happening is that when you click 'Save changes', it sets the status to new, but then loads the ticket view, which sets the status to 'open' again.

Looking through the code that does this, I found a comment from Jesse:
 #TODO do we really want to force this as policy? it should be a scrip

i.e. this isn't an ideal fix, at some point in the future it'll be site configurable.

In the meantime, to disable this 'feature', comment out the lines 1225-1227 in rt2/lib/RT/Ticket.pm

-Feargal.

    _/_/_/ _/_/_/  _/_/_/  Feargal Reilly,
   _/       _/   _/    _/  Systems Administrator,
  _/       _/   _/_/_/_/   The Communications Interactive Agency.
 _/_/_/ _/_/_/ _/    _/    Phone: +353-86-8732249.

     Jesse,

     I don't know if the following is what you designed it to do or not, but it
     seems strange to me. We are planning to use a single input queue for users
     to submit to, and then various other queues to file them into based on the
     support person's understanding of the ticket:

     1. A user creates a new ticket into the "general" incoming queue.
     2. The support person looks at the ticket and determines what queue it sho
     uld
        go into.
     3. The support person clicks on "The Basics" section.
     4. They then change the "queue" pop-up to the desired queue we want it
        categorized under.
     5. The "Status" is left on "new" because no-one has opened it yet, we are
        only categorizing them to the appropriate queue where certain support
        people are responsible for.
     6. Then click "Save Changes".
     7. The "Results" then say:

     Queue: Queue changed from general to quickic

     Which is what I'd expect. It should remain "new".

     However, when you then go an look at the ticket details now, it says it's
     "open" and owned by "Nobody". If you look at the history, you'll see:

     Fri May 25 11:10:48 2001 Queue changed from general to quickic

     Fri May 25 11:10:49 2001 Status changed from new to open by rshaw

     Fri May 25 11:10:50 2001 Status changed from open to new by rshaw

     Fri May 25 11:10:50 2001 Status changed from new to open by rshaw

     Shouldn't it have stopped at the "changed from open to new" transaction? W
     hy
     is there another "new to open" at the end now?

     Any thoughts?

     Thanks!
     -Robert