[rt-devel] RE: [rt-users] Can I do this?

Rehan van der Merwe Rehan at nha.co.za
Tue Oct 16 15:28:24 EDT 2001

Please help someone,

I am trying to add this extra cc-field for when I comment and want to
include a once-off cc.  I have added the field in Display.html as e.g..
<input name=>"ExtraCc" ...> .
Up to here is still 100%.

Where to from here though?

I have traced back in Display.html.  Near the end of Display.html I see a
call to ProcessUpdateMessage() and ProcessTicketBasics().  I gather
ProcessUpdateMessage() would be where the ticket is updated and the
correspondence sent out.

I found these subs ProcessUpdateMessage() in ./lib/RT/Web.pm:
Any changes that I make to ProcessUpdateMessage() does not seem to affect
the behavior in any obvious manner.  I tried inserting straight email
addresses for the CcMessageTo and BccMessageTo keys, but I did not under any
circumstance receive any email at the specified email address.
I also added a Cc=>my at email in the MakeMIMEEntity call, but to no avail.

I get the feeling I am barking up the wrong tree here - can someone please
help?

Rehan van der Merwe