[rt-devel] Search and Sort by custom columns

Timo A. Hummel timo.hummel at isg.de
Thu Feb 7 08:40:23 EST 2002

Hi!

I have added two Columns to the Ticket Table (and the corresponding
entries in the Ticket.pm file):

- Contract (String which contains the Contract ID)
- ContractName (String which contains the name of the Contract)

I have added the Field ContractName to the search fields in Config.pm:

       { Header => 'Contract',
         TicketAttribute => 'ContractName'
         },

Then, I have created a selection field (SelectContract) for the
contracts. I also have put that field into PickRestriction:

<li>Contract  <& /Elements/SelectBoolean,  Name => "ContractOp" ,
                                        True => "is",
                                        False => "isn't",
                                        TrueVal=> '=',
                                        FalseVal => '!=' &>

<& /Elements/SelectContract, Name => "ValueOfContract" &>

My problem is that it doesn't restrict the Field. How does the RT search
engine works? Where are the places to add additional fields? And how
does it handle the sort functionality?

Thanks,
Timo
Timo A. Hummel
IS Innovative Software AG		Phone:  +49 69 505030-324
Sandweg 94				Fax:    +49 69 505030-505
60316 Frankfurt a.M.                    E-Mail:
mailto:timo.hummel at isg.de
GERMANY                                 WWW:    http://isg.de

(Problems with the digital signature?   Visit
http://www.innovative-software.com/ISCA)