[rt-devel] Confusing user interface in commandline rt

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Mon Jun 3 23:13:45 EDT 2002

Changing the behaviour of the standard commandline tools late in the 2.0.x
stable series isn't going to happen. It's not that I don't agree that the
CLI is an abomination, but that one of the primary uses of the CLI is
noninteractive use by scripts.   The CLI definitely wants
to get gutted and redone for the next major release.  I'd be absolutely
thrilled to see a concrete proposal or two for how the CLI should work and
feel.  If you could redo the CLI from scratch, what would you want to see?

	-j