[rt-devel] modifying Tickets.pm/Listing.html and config.pm for new fields....

Colleen colleen at darksideproductions.net
Tue Jun 25 19:50:35 EDT 2002

A while back I made the modification to the config.pm so that the
requestor's real name would show up on the Listing page.

I did this by adding the line to the list of WebOptions:
       { Header => 'Requestor',
         TicketAttribute => 'Requestors->First->OwnerObj->RealName'
       },

This works quite well.

Unfortunately, though, my coworkers have requested that this column have
sorting functionality on the Listing page.

I noticed there was a SortFields array that every sort column must
belong to.  I added Requestor to that.  Unfortunately, though, the
SortFields array requires the complete Ticket Attribute.  So now my
SortFields array (specified in Tickets.pm) looks like:

@SORTFIELDS = qw(id Status Owner Created Due Starts Started
                 Queue Subject Client_id Told Started
                    Requestors->First->Owner Resolved LastUpdated
Priority TimeWorked TimeLeft);

It's a little odd, but it works in so much as "Requestor" now shows up
underlined and linkable on the Listing.html page, but unfortunately it
doesn't work correctly.  When I have a list of Tickets displayed and I
want to sort by Requestor, I click on the link and all the Tickets
disappear. I click on another sortable option and the tickets come back
correctly sorted for that column.  I notice that each time a sortable
column is clicked, the url changes to reflect this by putting in a "
&TicketsSortBy=<Subject>&" in the long URL.  When I click on Requestor,
I get a
"&TicketsSortBy=Requestors->First->Owner&" in the url.  Could this be
messing up the functionality of the sort?  If not, any ideas what could
be?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Colleen

--