Autoconfiscation (Was Re: [rt-devel] 2.1.39: Makefile notes)

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Sat Oct 12 02:52:57 EDT 2002

On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 03:28:33PM -0400, darren chamberlain wrote:
> * Jesse Vincent <jesse at bestpractical.com> [2002-10-11 15:24]:
> > On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 02:17:07PM -0400, darren chamberlain wrote:
> > > To use it, do:
> > >
> > >   $ autoconf
> > >   $ ./configure --help
> >
> > Ooh. very neat. Is there a way to get configure to pick up defaults
> > from, say, an existing RT config file? Pure autoconf doesn't really
> > help in the upgrade case :/
>
> Hm... autoconf will read cache files, but other than that I don't
> believe it does.  How does the current process handle updgrading, other
> than with explicit (and specialized) update scripts?

Well, part of the plan for 3.0 is to have something like postfix' config
file extractor...

But right now, with 2.1, an upgrade grabs everything from the current
config file. (there isn't currently a method for appending new things to
the config file, but that's a relatively easy thing.

»|« http://www.bestpractical.com/rt  -- Trouble Ticketing. Free.