[rt-devel] Duplicate response checking

Phil Homewood pdh at snapgear.com
Wed Sep 18 18:24:35 EDT 2002

Robie Basak wrote:
> > Another approach (which we considered but decided against for
> > other reasons) might be to only grant the ReplyToTicket right
> > to the Owner (and CCs and Requestors) so that the ticket must
> > be taken before replying.
>
> Trouble is, there's nothing to stop somebody stealing the ticket and
> replying before you've finished :)

No problem. Stealing requires a conscious attempt by the thief.
The intent here is to prevent accidental duplicates. If you go
to reply and find you need to steal the ticket first, you'll know
someone else has taken the ticket and may be replying now. :-)
--
Phil Homewood, Systems Janitor, www.SnapGear.com
pdh at snapgear.com Ph: +61 7 3435 2810 Fx: +61 7 3891 3630