[rt-devel] Re: [rt-users] Specifying driver options in rt3 DSNs

Ian Grant Ian.Grant at cl.cam.ac.uk
Fri Apr 4 03:11:30 EST 2003

> > ... Can you give me more clues as to what I'm looking for please?
> >

> Sorry. 'rt3' queue.
> http://rt3.fsck.com/Ticket/Display.html?id=2254

Thanks. I've had a look. This is pretty much what I did except it handles it
in SearchBuilder::Handle which is the right thing to do. However you probably
don't want to have to go through this every time someone wants to set a new
attribute on the DSN for some database driver or other. It's already been done
once for Oracle's sid=, now for mysql_sock=, what next, PostgreSQL options=?
So why not have a general purpose --db-dsn-attrs= switch and
$RT::DatabaseDSNAttrs string which is just a semi-colon delimited string of
attribute settings that is tacked onto the DSN?

--
Ian Grant, Computer Lab., William Gates Building, JJ Thomson Ave., Cambridge
Phone: +44 1223 334420