[rt-devel] Two Ideas for enhancements

Ulrich Kiermayr ulrich.kiermayr at univie.ac.at
Fri Apr 18 06:49:54 EDT 2003

Hello ppl,

In discussions within our organisation we came up with two ideas for
nice enhancements:

1. Within Costom fields:
    We are using them to indicate e.q. which IPs were involved in a
    request.
    If would be helpful to be able to construct a 'clickable' Field. To
    acomplish this I thought of providing a URL Template for each custom
    Field:

    http://here.net/cgi-bin/myscript?req=%FIELDVALUE-GOES-HERE%;other=xxx

    And in the Ticket display make a link out of every custom field
    value.

2. Due to a case we had yesterday where a user created 20 Tickets with
    similar content, I thought, it would be nice to include the
    relationship-change options in the Bulk-Update list. So I do not have
    to click through 19 Tickets to merge them all into one.

Any thoughts about that?

lG uk
Ulrich Kiermayr         Zentraler Informatikdienst der Universitaet Wien
Network Security              Universitaetsstrasse 7, 1010 Wien, Austria
eMail:   ulrich.kiermayr at univie.ac.at          Tel: (+43 1) 4277 / 14104
Hotline: security.zid at univie.ac.at             Fax: (+43 1) 4277 /  9140