[rt-devel] Bareword "REDIRECT" not allowed while "strict subs"

Jeff Holst jeffholst at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 11 22:57:24 EST 2003

Phil Homewood wrote:
>>You are aware that you're doomed if you expect both the RT instances
>>to coexist under mod_perl on the same machine, right? mod_perl does
>>not play nicely with multiple apps. :-(

I was't aware of this, but thanks for the heads up.  In this case both
instances our on a test server and I just wanted to see RT3 in action.  I'd
be happy to just get my rt-2-0-15 working again though!!

Phil Harmon wrote:
>>What version of HTML::Mason is installed? What version of mod_perl?

Apache/1.3.27
mod_perl/1.27
HTML-Mason-1.18 ( but I also tried to revert back to previously working 1.16
to no avail )

In a nutshell rt-2-0-15 was working great on my machine until I tried to
install rt-2-1-69.  After going through the CPAN pre-req upgrades for the
new RT I can't start my apache server even for just my old installation.

Error reported when attempting to start apache server:

[Fri Feb  7 00:31:52 2003] [error] Bareword "REDIRECT" not allowed while
"strict subs" in use at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/HTML/Mason/ApacheHandler.pm line 188.
BEGIN not safe after errors--compilation aborted at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/HTML/Mason/ApacheHandler.pm line 197.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/rt3-beta/bin/webmux.pl line 47.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/rt3-beta/bin/webmux.pl line
53.

Thanks.

-jeff