[rt-devel] Re: RT 3.0.7pre2

Robert Spier rspier at pobox.com
Mon Nov 10 21:02:23 EST 2003

At Mon, 10 Nov 2003 11:54:30 +0000 (GMT),
> Thanks for a practical response, Ruslan, but trying to work out 'which
> files/functions have changed from 3.0.6 to 3.0.7' from that isn't so easy.

Another way to do this is:

    1- figure out Aegis revision ids for 3.0.6 and 3.0.7

    2- :pserver:anoncvs at fsck.com:/raid/tracking-cvs rt.3.0 mirrors all
    the aegis changes.

    3- use the tagged versions ae<first> ae<second> ass diff points.

> If I could write a report of 'which files have been modified since
> such-and-such a date' to run across the data that aegis is reporting, that
> would give me what I need, but doing this via the web (or via CVS) isn't
> so simple.

It's quite easy in CVS.

Usage: cvs diff [-lR] [-k kopt] [format_options]
    [[-r rev1 | -D date1] [-r rev2 | -D date2]] [files...]
        -l      Local directory only, not recursive
        -R      Process directories recursively.
        -k kopt Specify keyword expansion mode.
        -D d1   Diff revision for date against working file.
        -D d2   Diff rev1/date1 against date2.
        -r rev1 Diff revision for rev1 against working file.
        -r rev2 Diff rev1/date1 against rev2.

-R