[Rt-devel] Question about the data model!

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Thu Jul 22 12:55:35 EDT 2004

On Thu, Jul 22, 2004 at 06:10:44PM +0200, Sven Sternberger wrote:
> Is it right that an entry in Principals which has no
> correspondig entry in Users and Groups could be deleted?

Yes.

> Is it right that that an entry in CachedGroupMember which
> has no correspondig entry in Groups or Principals could
> be killed?

Sort of. That table "unrolls" groups. So you need to make sure that none
of the row's children are still there either.   We've got a fuller
explanation of the whole datamodel in our forthcoming O'Reilly book
"RT Essentials". But as Robert, Darren and I have been finding,
writing a book is slow going.

> If the answer are only simple no's. Is there any point where
> I can get more information about the datamodell? I just try
> to avoid to read all the perl source code.

The CachedGroupMembers code should be some of the better commented code
in the source tree.