[rt-devel] How to add custom field

Paul Barmaksezian Paul.Barmaksezian at Overture.com
Tue Mar 30 10:16:51 EST 2004

Matthew,
I think this may solve another issue I posted (about resolving tickets via email).  I applied the patch, but not sure if it's working.  Where exactly do I specify something like "X-status: resolved"?  Is that in the body of the email or in the Subject or somewhere else?

Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: rt-devel-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com
[mailto:rt-devel-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com]On Behalf Of Matthew D.
Stock
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2004 5:38 AM
To: Kuldeep Singh Tomar
Cc: rt-devel at lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: Re: [rt-devel] How to add custom field

Kuldeep Singh Tomar writes:
 > How can we add the  value of custom field on submission of mail. I am
 > using rt3. Basically we are using some interface where we submit the
 > mail to rt-system and want to use the value of custom fields in our
 > rtsystem through this interface.

Assuming you mean assign custom field values to tickets and not create new
custom field values...

Here's a patch for 3.0.9 that adds the ability to parse X- headers in
email.  It currently only uses MailFrom authentication.  It will process
several field types, most notably Select custom fields.  Read the patch for
details on use, but here are a couple of examples:

Jesse, are you interested in taking this as part of 3.0.x or as a contrib?
  -Matt

--
Matthew D. Stock <stock at cse.buffalo.edu>
Director of Information Technology