[Rt-devel] default createticket owner?

Rolf Grossmann rg at progtech.net
Wed Jun 1 14:10:16 EDT 2005

Vince wrote:

>How can I set the default Owner on the Create Ticket page to something other
>than "Nobody"?
>I tried a few things, modifying:
> - /share/html/Ticket/Create.html   (and)
> - /share/html/Elements/SelectOwner
>
>... but nothing worked.

Changing share/html/Ticket/Create.html would be simple enough. Just replace
$RT::Nobody->Id in line 72 with the _numeric_ id of the user you'd like
as the default. You can get this id from the URL when you open the
modify user page.

You can even get by without modifying code by using a bookmark to the
Create Ticket page that adds &Owner=<id> (replace <id> with the same id
mentioned above) to the usual URL.

Hope that helps.

Rolf