[Rt-devel] default createticket owner?

Vince vincentanya at rogers.com
Wed Jun 1 14:42:34 EDT 2005

>>How can I set the default Owner on the Create Ticket page to something
>>other than "Nobody"?
>>I tried a few things, modifying:
>> - /share/html/Ticket/Create.html   (and)
>> - /share/html/Elements/SelectOwner
>>
>>... but nothing worked.
>>
> Changing share/html/Ticket/Create.html would be simple enough. Just
> replace
> $RT::Nobody->Id in line 72 with the _numeric_ id of the user you'd like as
> the default. You can get this id from the URL when you open the modify
> user page.
>
> You can even get by without modifying code by using a bookmark to the
> Create Ticket page that adds &Owner=<id> (replace <id> with the same id
> mentioned above) to the usual URL.

Thanks for the suggestions, Rolf.  The added "&Owner=<numeric-id>" on the
end of the URL was the first thing I tried.  No luck.  I even tried
&Owner=root  (that's the user name).

I also tried changing line 72 in share/html/Ticket/Create.html from:
   "..., Default => $ARGS{Owner}||$RT::Nobody->Id, ..."
to each of these:
   "..., Default => $ARGS{Owner}||12, ..."
   "..., Default => 12, ..."        ("12" is the numeric id of the user I
want)

...with no effect on the "create ticket" html page after stopping and
starting the httpd server.

I did have to change share/html/Elements/SelectOwner, though, just to get my
user to show in the drop-down.  Without editing it, the only option was
"Nobody".

I'd love to get it to come up with "root" selected, not "Nobody", to save me
from having to remember to change that drop-down every time I create a
ticket.

Any more ideas?

Thanks again,
Vince