[Rt-devel] calling another perl script once ticket is saved/updated

Joby Walker joby at u.washington.edu
Fri Oct 7 14:18:09 EDT 2005

This should be pretty easy.  Just create a new Scrip:

Condition: On Create
Action: UserDefined
Template: Global template: None
Stage: TransactionCreate (or Batch)

Then in the Custom Action Prep just:

`Path/to/script.pl $self->TicketObj->Id`;

As a part of our eval I set up a separate script to determine a contact
if the CustomField "Hostname" was set:

Action Prep Code:

my $ticket = $self->TicketObj;
if ($ticket->CustomFieldValues("Hostname")->Next == undef){
    return(undef);
}
if ($ticket->CustomFieldValues("Contact")->Next != undef){
    return(undef);
}
my $hostname = $ticket->CustomFieldValues("Hostname")->Next->Content;
$self->{'custvalue'} = `/data/rt34/bin/oncall $hostname`;
$self->{'custfield'} = $ticket->QueueObj->CustomField("Contact");
return (1);

Joby Walker
ITI SSG, University of Washington