[Rt-devel] Adding CCs to Watchers List

Jason A. Smith smithj4 at bnl.gov
Fri Jul 21 14:50:09 EDT 2006

>            I was wondering if anyone has a scrip that will
> automatically add the ccs on an email to the ticketing system to the
> watchers list for this ticket. I have been trying to get something like
> this to work for our install base.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --Eric Gunnett

We were looking for the exact same thing, and since the config option:

ParseNewMessageForTicketCcs

only works for newly created tickets, but we wanted it for both new
tickets and replies to existing tickets, we patched the code directly.
Although it is not a scrip, I did make it a config option like above, so
maybe since others have requested this same feature in the past:

http://lists.bestpractical.com/pipermail/rt-users/2005-June/032116.html

something similar to my patch can be added into future versions of RT.
With the attached patch, just add this config setting to your
RT_SiteConfig.pm:

Set($ParseFollowupMessageForTicketCcs , 1);

~Jason

|  Jason A. Smith                          Email:  smithj4 at bnl.gov |
|  Atlas Computing Facility, Bldg. 510M    Phone: +1-631-344-4226  |
|  Brookhaven National Lab, P.O. Box 5000  Fax:   +1-631-344-7616  |
|  Upton, NY 11973-5000,  U.S.A.                                   |