[Rt-devel] New user trying to develop

Emmanuel Lacour elacour at easter-eggs.com
Fri Dec 14 09:39:12 EST 2007

On Fri, Dec 14, 2007 at 12:23:08PM +0100, Jose Antonio Canton Olid wrote:
> Hello

Ehlo,

> I want to begin develop some new functions for RT, but I am looking
> information about the RT API. I read the book, and I am subscribed to
> the users list, but I founded no information (except for SearchBuilder).
>

> Is there any document that explains what attributes have the objects and
> what methods can be called to use them? I saw a lot of example but not a
> specification or something similar.

Don't know about specifications, I started hacking RT by only reading
comments in source code and mason components code.

Source code for API (lib/RT/...) is heavily commented :)

Mason components (share/html/...) give good examples (how to list CFs,
Users, Groups, ...).

Also look on http://wiki.bestpractical.com, there is some scrips and
scripts which can be helpfull to understand RT.