[Rt-devel] RT3.8beta - creating child tickets

Jason Long jlong at messiah.edu
Thu May 8 08:34:39 EDT 2008

Thanks, my one major complaint about this feature has been fixed.

Another bug. The newly created ticket copies the links from the original
ticket. This may be the way it was designed, but it leads to undesirable
results.

Create a ticket.
Click Children->Create to create a child ticket.
So far so good.

child ticket.

It created some sort of infinite loop between the two child tickets...
kind of hard to explain, I'm hoping you'll be able to see it for yourself.

Frankly, when I create a ticket through the Links screen, I don't think
it should copy all attributes from the origin ticket. Perhaps the
subject, and maybe the watchers, should be copied, but definitely don't
copy the links.

Jason