[Rt-devel] POLL Re: RT3.8beta - creating child tickets

Andrew Redman aredman at education.ucsb.edu
Mon May 12 12:39:16 EDT 2008

We have the same two issues per ticket problem, but we do also create
child tickets for new calls / purchases that need to happen. If we have
a ticket to install a new computer and the network port isn't live, we
like to make a child ticket to connect it in the network closet, since
installing a computer and plugging in some patch cable aren't related
enough to live on the same ticket. Similarly if a user needs some
software installed which has yet to be purchased, we create a child
ticket in a purchasing queue so that the purchasing person will get a
license before we go back and install.

On my to do list right now are a 'Spawn Call' and 'Spawn Purchase'
button for 3.6, but I rarely get time to work on things like that.

 - Andrew Redman
Gevirtz Graduate School of Education, UCSB