[Rt-devel] Adding a new CustomField type

Drew Taylor taylor.andrew.j at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 21:05:09 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I was originally wanting to add new CustomField types to enable things
like showing a flag for "Country" in addition to the text. But I just
realized I think I can do w/o a new type by using the
ShowComponentName Callback in Elements/ShowCustomFields. Has anyone
tried to do this? I can see the callback provides a Name (reference to
a string), the CustomField object and an Object (which I think will be
a Ticket object). I imagine I need to massage what
$Object->CustomFieldValues($CF_id) returns, but I'm not exactly sure
how to go about it. Alternately, I could create a new
Elements/ShowCustomField$type component and massage the Name to be the
new component.

Has anyone done this sort of thing and/or can provide an example?

Thanks,
Drew