[Rt-devel] Replying to Resolved tickets reopens them this is not what I want

Emmanuel Lacour elacour at easter-eggs.com
Wed Sep 17 03:45:10 EDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 12:58:57PM -0430, Eva Duque wrote:

> Hello list,
>
>      I have two questions and I want to consult with you:
>
> 1 - I was reviewing the list and got a thread that touches the subject
> that I took, and how to avoid the user to answer the ticket and closed
> it re-opens. I would like to know how to avoid that. Check the code
> AutoOpen.pm but not if you should take that path.

If you don't wan't to reopen resolved ticket, you just have to remove
the scrip "Condition: On correspond, Action: Open ticket".

here, on correspond to resolved tickets, we force RT to open a new
ticket, you will find some conditions and actions to do such things
here:

 http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/Contributions