[Rt-devel] configurable option for fields to use when cloning a ticket

Roedel, Mark MarkRoedel at letu.edu
Wed Jan 21 11:05:34 EST 2009

A few of our users have noted that by default when a
dependent/parent/child ticket is created using the "Create" link in the
"Links" section of a ticket, the new ticket inherits among others the
TimeEstimated and TimeWorked fields from the existing ticket.  If your
manager pays attention to your time spent requests, this can skew the
numbers!

The list of fields copied into a new ticket appears to be specified in
line 267 of Ticket/Create.html.  Rather than just maintaining our own
customized list of fields in a local Create.html, I'm wondering what
everyone would think of making that a configurable option in the central
RT config files?

--
Mark Roedel
Senior Programmer/Analyst - Web Services