[Rt-devel] AJAXy dependent custom fields?

Jim Meyer jim at geekdaily.org
Fri May 1 15:22:13 EDT 2009

On 5/1/09 11:29 AM, Jim Meyer wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Just starting to look into RT again after a few years away (yeah, it
> seems like everywhere I go we start using IT. Coincidence? I think not. ;).
>
> We're trying to do something that others seem to have attempted: we want
>   a pair of custom fields where setting a value in one CF
> populates/constrains the other CF. I searched around the wiki and
> mailing list archives; the closest I get is this thread:
>
>    http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/rt/devel/77090
>
> ... in which Jesse reveals that BP loves jQuery as much as I do. =]
>
> Anyone got a semi-packaged solution or HowTo before we go trailblazing here?

p.s. I noticed the (very smartly implemented)
ComboBox_ListFireTextChange in NoAuth/js/combobox.js which checks to see
if there's an onchange event attached to the text input field and, if
so, fires it.

Is there a special smooth-and-easy way to hang an onchange on a
particular custom field? Makes me want to add a column to the
customfield table to add custom JS per field ...

--j