[rt-devel] Parent/Child relationships for tickets in RT REST

Landon landonstewart at gmail.com
Sat May 18 18:14:06 EDT 2013

I'm writing some perl that analyzes new Incident Reports in RTIR and looks
for related Incidents that might already exist.  I cannot however figure
out how to link them now because there's no Parent/Child relationship in RT
::Client::REST.  Can anyone offer some guidance on what I can do?  I'm
about an hour into the coding and this is a major roadblock.

http://search.cpan.org/~jlmartin/RT-Client-REST-0.43/lib/RT/Client/REST.pm
Shows:
link_tickets (src => $id1, dst => $id2, link_type => $type)

Create a link between two tickets. A link type can be one of the following:

   - DependsOn
   - DependedOnBy
   - RefersTo
   - ReferredToBy
   - HasMember
   - MemberOf

Should I have just gone ahead and used LWP or would I still have the same
problem?

--
Landon Stewart <LandonStewart at Gmail.com>