[rt-devel] Scrip feedback

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Tue May 28 16:47:56 EDT 2013

On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 12:14:29PM -0700, Bradley Bell wrote:
> As far as I can tell, there is no easy way for a scrip to provide
> feedback to end users.
> For example if I have a scrip that reverts a status change, the
> scrip's Commit method could return (1, "Feedback Here") and then in
> the UI, instead of just seeing:
>
> * Ticket 8: Status changed from 'open' to 'stalled'
>
> They would also see
> * Ticket 8: Can't be stalled without a Due date. Status changed back to 'open'
>
> or whatever.
>
> Is there something that already provides this functionality or would a
> patch be welcomed?

One concern is that RT's Scrips were never intended to be synchronous
and if we ever move to an asynch model, then pushing messages to users
would be harder/impossibler.

Regarding your lifecycle condition suggestion, have you seen
https://metacpan.org/module/TSIBLEY/RT-Extension-MandatoryOnTransition-0.04/lib/RT/Extension/MandatoryOnTransition.pm

-kevin