[RT-es] Como se dice 'Ticket' en Español?

Luis E. Munoz lem en itverx.com.ve
Mie Ene 28 14:14:31 EST 2009

On Wed, 2009-01-28 at 11:49 -0500, Jesse Vincent wrote:

> En este translacion, 'ticket' esta cambiado a 'caso'.
> Cual es mas correcto?

Well, the DRAE -- the authoritative dictionary of the spanish language
-- does not include the word "Ticket". At most, this is an word that was
imported from the english language.

"Caso" is a very accurate term. IMHO this should be the correct word.

http://buscon.rae.es/draeI/SrvltConsulta?TIPO_BUS=3&LEMA=caso

That said, the es_VE localizations we provide to our customers use the
word "ticket" because of its common usage. This may vary from country to
country.

Regards

-lem