[rt-users] RT Mail command interface

Jesse jesse at fsck.com
Wed Apr 26 11:52:49 EDT 2000

On Wed, Apr 26, 2000 at 08:45:40AM +0200, Tobias Brox wrote:
> > 1) The question I was able to figure out was a bug in
> > rt/lib/ui/mail/manipulate.pm in the "SET due" handler. The function
> > call
> >
> >    ($trans, $message)=
> >        &rt::change_due_date($serial_no, $date_due, $current_user);
> >
> > is wrong. The second argument should be "$due_date", not "$date_due".
>
> It's some sort of a problem that there are rather few that uses the
> mailgate in an advanced way, as well as the duedate aren't used by that
> many either, so errors like this goes undetected for a long time.  I fear
> the same will be an issue with 2.0.

I'm actually less concerned about problems like this in RT2. perl -w
and use strict would have caught these issues. RT1.x's core code
is a bit too old to adopt such things, but the rewrite has been using them from the start.

jesse reed vincent -- jrvincent at wesleyan.edu -- jesse at fsck.com
pgp keyprint:  50 41 9C 03 D0 BC BC C8 2C B9 77 26 6F E1 EB 91
...realized that the entire structure of the net could be changed to be made
more efficient, elegant, and spontaneously make more money for everyone
involved. It's a marvelously simple diagram, but this form doesn't have a way
for me to draw it.  It'll wait. 				-Adam Hirsch