[rt-users] Doc Request: Gotcha for OpenBSD RT users

Anil Madhavapeddy anil at recoil.org
Tue Dec 12 18:04:05 EST 2000

On Mon, Dec 11, 2000 at 08:23:38PM -0700, Jill Lundquist wrote:

> I found a gotcha in RT under OpenBSD.
>
> I installed RT some months ago (and like it very much).  Until this
> weekend, I hadn't rebooted my RT server since installation.  When it
> rebooted, the all of the interfaces started failing with this error:
>
> libmysqlclient.so.6.0: No such file or directory

This isn't really an RT problem, but that the MySQL port in
OpenBSD doesn't make it clear enough that the shlibs_dir should
be updated (although this is a general issue with ${LOCALBASE}/lib)
I'll have a look (and perhaps convert it to SUBPACKAGES)

> This isn't difficult to debug, but it would be good to have it
> mentioned in the install docs.  The ports at openbsd.org mailing list
> archives shows no sign of an official OpenBSD RT port.  Could the
> maintain of the FAQ and/or install documentation please add a mention
> of this gotcha under OpenBSD?

I've actually got an RT port for OpenBSD on my TODO list, but it's
quite long at the moment and I might not get to it until next
year - perhaps RT2 will be out by then instead ;)

--
Anil Madhavapeddy, <anil at recoil.org>