[rt-users] Email on ticket creation

Greg White gregwhite at ihermes.com
Wed Oct 25 00:36:38 EDT 2000

John Case wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 24, 2000 at 06:11:37PM +0100, Ben Carter wrote:
> > Ah !!
> >
> > Hmm, this does exactly what it says. (I did try that honest!!)
> >
> > Is there anyway to make it email out to queue-members when a new call is
> > created (and allocated to nobody) and then stop emailing ALL queue members
> > when it has been assigned to someone.
> >
> > Ben.
> >

> Sure. In the rt source tree, edit lib/rt/database/manipulate.pm
> In the function add_new_request(), change
SNIP

Assuming that RT is set up like ours is, with a user account for queue
address, and qmail as the MTA, this is as simple as:

[queue at rt queue]$ cat .qmail
&queue-members-list at example.com
| /usr/local/rt/bin/rt-mailgate support correspond

(We currently use this setup to forward to a monitor's pager when a new
transaction is created).

This will sometimes create extra emails when people simply email replies
in, but this is a feature in our circumstances, where the requestor will
usually be the only one emailing replies.

A similar setup with a .forward should be dead easy, I'd bet, but don't
ask me for advice on that, I've avoided sendmail like the plague for
quite some time now...

HTH,

GW