[rt-users] Running RT2 with a remote database

Ryan Ferry rjf170 at psu.edu
Wed Dec 5 06:21:16 EST 2001

Hi,

I was trying to set up RT2, but I do not have mysql installed on the web server.  And since the server i'm installing it to is not that great, i'd rather not install it.  Also for security reasons.  We have another server just for databases running mysql.  It's a beefy machine, and if it's possible i would like to use that machine to store the database for RT2.  Is this possible?  If so, does anybody know how to do it?

Thanks,

Ryan Ferry