[rt-users] Problems finding index.html

Thorsten Sturm thorsten.sturm at gentleware.de
Wed Dec 5 05:21:14 EST 2001

Hi,

I installed and configured RT 2.0.8 and it looks like it works almost
correct. I can login as root and create a new ticket. The ticket is
shown in the list. So I would assume, that the general functionality is
doing alright and even the connection to the DB is working.

But there are still 2 issues left, that are really annoying and I don't
know how to get rid of them.

1. Everytime an action leads to loading a directory name (which of
course means to load the index.html located in the specified directory),
all I get is the directory structure itself. A click on the index.html
contained in it, brings me to the designated page. How do I configure
Apache (?) to load the index.html immediately. This is how it is
configured now (just the RT related part);

    <IfModule mod_dir.c>
        DirectoryIndex index.cgi index.pl index.html
    </IfModule>
    Alias /icons/ /var/www/icons/
    Alias /rt2/ /opt/rt2/WebRT/html/
    PerlModule Apache::DBI
    PerlFreshRestart On
    PerlRequire /opt/rt2/bin/webmux.pl
    <Location /rt2>
        SetHandler perl-script
        PerlHandler RT::Mason
    </Location>

I also tried to use the DirectoryIndex command without being wrapped in
that if statement (I remember from somewhere that this should be the
command telling apache to load one of the specified files). But all this
has no effect. Be assured that I always stop and start my apache. Any
ideas?

2. I tried to add a new user. This seems to work fine. But using the
search option, I always get an error message telling me, that there is
no directory rt2/Admin/User/ ([error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not
exist: /opt/rt2/WebRT/html/Admin/Users//). But when I try click on
"Users" in the configuration section, I get the directory structure of
it (see above). What's going wrong here?

Maybe my configuration is part of the problem. I installed RT 2.0.8 on a
Mandrake 7.2 machine. MySQL is working fine on it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Thorsten