[rt-users] Create ticket slow

David Fletcher david at micro-prince.com
Fri Dec 14 11:27:01 EST 2001

From: "Jesse Vincent" <jesse at bestpractical.com>

> Next question. what MTA are you using? What are your MTA options
> set in the RT config file?

Exim.

# {{{ Outgoing mail configuration

#$MailAlias is a generic alias to send mail to for any request
#already in a queue.

#RT is designed such that any mail which already has a ticket-id associated
#with it will get to the right place automatically.

#This is the default address that will be listed in
#From: and Reply-To: headers of mail tracked by RT unless overridden
#by a queue specific address

$CorrespondAddress='RT::CorrespondAddress.not.set';

$CommentAddress='RT::CommentAddress.not.set';

#Sendmail Configuration

# $MailCommand defines which method RT will use to try to send mail
# We know that 'sendmail' works fairly well.
# If 'sendmail' doesn't work well for you, try 'sendmailpipe'
# But note that you have to configure $SendmailPath and add a -t
# to $SendmailArguments

$MailCommand = 'sendmail';

# $SendmailArguments defines what flags to pass to $Sendmail
# assuming you picked 'sendmail' or 'sendmailpipe' as the $MailCommand
above.
# If you picked 'sendmailpipe', you MUST add a -t flag to $SendmailArguments

# These options are good for most sendmail wrappers and workalikes
$SendmailArguments="-oi";

# These arguments are good for sendmail brand sendmail 8 and newer
#$SendmailArguments="-oi -ODeliveryMode=b -OErrorMode=m";

# If you selected 'sendmailpipe' above, you MUST specify the path
# to your sendmail binary in $SendmailPath.
# !! If you did not # select 'sendmailpipe' above, this has no effect!!
$SendmailPath = "/usr/sbin/sendmail";

# RT can optionally set a "Friendly" 'To:' header when sending messages to
# Ccs or AdminCcs (rather than having a blank 'To:' header.
# This feature DOES NOT WORK WITH SENDMAIL[tm] BRAND SENDMAIL
# If you are using sendmail, rather than postfix, qmail, exim or some other
MTA,
# you _must_ disable this option.

$UseFriendlyToLine = 1;