[rt-users] Re: DB problem?

Feargal Reilly feargal at thecia.ie
Fri Dec 21 13:29:46 EST 2001

IIRC According to the W3C specs, 'Enter' is meant to submit a form alright, just not all browsers did so. Opera behaves this way also.
Tab is meant to be used to switch between fields.
The problem is, there's two Submit buttons in the form, one is the 'Go' for
searching for users, and one for 'Save Changes'.
When you hit Enter, it's using the 'Go' submit, not the 'Save Changes' button.

This becomes a UI design issue, as opposed to a bug.

The form could be seperated into two forms, but that may upset some people who like to set/delete watchers, and search for more all at the same time.

The 'Save Changes' could (maybe) be made the default action, but that may upset some people too. I know you can set the TabIndex on form elements to decide what field to move to when 'Tab' is hit, there may be a similar thing to set default submit buttons.

As an aside, the same thing will happen if you are using the 'search'.
If you hit enter, it'll default to the Refine button, not the 'Show results' button. But that suits me perfectly, because I can build up complex queries quicker, without having to use the mouse, or tab all the way down.

-Feargal.