[rt-users] Re: unable to add message to queue, 1.0.7

Shane Allen shane at tacni.net
Sat May 19 20:37:13 EDT 2001

Shane Allen writes:

> Better still, anyone have any idea why a message sent to a properly
> configured mail alias (mail alias is set to go to "rt-mailgate test
> correspond") keeps getting added to _rt_system?

I've now tried everything I can think of. Following are the details of my
system:

$ uname -a
FreeBSD host.net 4.3-STABLE FreeBSD 4.3-STABLE #1: Sun May 13 16:47:54 CDT
2001     root at host.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/HOST  i386
$ perl -V
Summary of my perl5 (5.0 patchlevel 5 subversion 3) configuration:
  Platform:
    osname=freebsd, osvers=4.0-current, archname=i386-freebsd
    uname='FreeBSD freefall.FreeBSD.org 4.0-current FreeBSD 4.0-current #0:
$Date$
'
    usethreads=undef useperlio=undef d_sfio=undef
  Compiler:
    cc='cc', optimize='undef', gccversion=2.95.2 19991024 (release)
    cppflags=''
    ccflags =''
    stdchar='char', d_stdstdio=undef, usevfork=true
    intsize=4, longsize=4, ptrsize=4, doublesize=8
    d_longlong=define, longlongsize=8, d_longdbl=define, longdblsize=12
    alignbytes=4, usemymalloc=n, prototype=define
  Linker and Libraries:
    ld='cc', ldflags ='-Wl,-E -lperl -lm '
    libpth=/usr/lib
    libs=-lm -lc -lcrypt
    libc=, so=so, useshrplib=true, libperl=libperl.so.3
  Dynamic Linking:
    dlsrc=dl_dlopen.xs, dlext=so, d_dlsymun=undef, ccdlflags='
-Wl,-R/usr/lib'
    cccdlflags='-DPIC -fpic', lddlflags='-Wl,-E -shared -lperl -lm '

  Built under freebsd
  Compiled at May 13 2001 11:27:45
  @INC:
    /usr/libdata/perl/5.00503/mach
    /usr/libdata/perl/5.00503
    /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i386-freebsd
    /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005
    .

running qmail (latest stable version)

RT was set up with the following as the MAIL_PROGRAM =
/var/qmail/bin/sendmail

and the following args: MAIL_OPTIONS = -oi -t

I have created a user "admin" and a queue "test". Both function perfectly
from the web interface. "admin" is a member of "test" with manipulate
permissions.

I have used the following mail aliases for rt-test at host.net:
|/usr/local/rt/bin/rt-mailgate test correspond
|/usr/local/rt/bin/rt-mailgate --extended-syntax -q test -a correspond -v
-d>/tmp/rt-debug.log

when I send email to rt-test at host.net using the top alias, I get a message
back with the subject:

Subject: [host.net #0] (_rt_system) RT Error: this is a sample request

using the bottom I receive the the same reply, and the following info
appears in /tmp/rt-debug.log:

Ticket='0' Queue='test' Area='' Sender='opiate at cyberfox.org'
Precedence='first-class'

I have not been able to figure out how to view the "running commentary"
provided by the -d switch in the bottom alias. (per "./rt-mailgate --help")

I just sent a message containing the following:

--begin--
Subject: please work
%RT USER admin
%RT PASS **********

I hope this creates a request.
--end--

I received two replies:

--begin reply 1--
Subject: [host.net #0] (_rt_system) RT Actions Complete
Thank you for taking some action:

> %RT USER admin
RT: Username admin noticed.
> PASS ***** RT: You are now authenticated as admin.

--end reply 1--

--begin reply 2--
Subject: [host.net #0] (_rt_system) RT Error: please work

There has been an error:
There has been an error with your request:
You don't have permission to create requests in this queue. Either you're
not a queue member or non-members aren't allowed to create requests in this
queue.

Your message is reproduced below:

I hope this creates a request.
--end reply 2--

If I am understanding correctly, the subject should have a (test), not a
(_rt_system) in it. Any ideas why this is occuring?

TIA for any assistance you can provide.

--
Shane Allen <shane at tacni.net>