[rt-users] RE: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket

Scott McClelland smcclell at vortexdata.com
Thu May 31 18:01:15 EDT 2001

O.K. Cassie, let's start from the begining.  I know this is not a MySQL
list, but the information should be helpful to people wanting to get RT
running.  It took me a long time to figure out all the steps to install RT
(perl MySQL, etc.), but it was worth it, so stick with it.  I'm not sure how
much time I will have to help you, as I can get busy.

Answer a few questions:

What distribution of Linux (cat /etc/issue)

What version of MySQL, and what install method - rpm, binary, source (rpm -q
MySQL)

Did you install MySQL as root?

Are you trying to run safe_mysqld as root?

Scott McClelland, CNE, MCP
Network Administrator
Vortex Data Systems
http://www.vortexdata.com