[rt-users] RE: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket

Scott McClelland smcclell at vortexdata.com
Thu May 31 18:50:52 EDT 2001

Here is Cassie's reply.  Anybody have any idea what to try next?  Maybe
reinstall MySQL from rpms or srpms?

A reinstall should also stop any mysql servers during the installation.  You
could also try killall mysqld, (or reboot the server).  It does appear to be
running, if you were able to attach to it.

Scott McClelland, CNE, MCP
Network Administrator
Vortex Data Systems
http://www.vortexdata.com