[rt-users] Upgrade 2.0.4 -> 2.0.8 and user rights

Rafael Corvalan Rafael.Corvalan at linkvest.com
Wed Oct 24 12:09:21 EDT 2001

Hello everybody,

Since the upgrade from 2.0.4 to 2.0.8 I have a new "change status from
open to open" transaction created for each correspondance sent by a
requestor, and this for EVERY ticket.

After some debugging, I see that the piece of code that reopens a ticket
when it's not "open" or "new", call the method "$self->Status", but
debugging this method shows me that a check is done on the right
"ShowTicket":

$ = RT::Ticket::CurrentUserHasRight(ref(RT::Ticket), 'ShowTicket')
called from file `/opt/rt2/lib/RT/Ticket.pm' line 2811
@ = RT::Ticket::_Value(undef, ref(RT::Ticket), 'Status') called from
file `/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/DBIx/SearchBuilder/Record.pm' line
406
@ = DBIx::SearchBuilder::Record::AUTOLOAD(ref(Term::ReadLine::Gnu::Var),
undef, ref(RT::Ticket)) called from file `./rt-mailgate' line 290

The Requestor does not have the "ShowTicket" ACL set.

So, $Ticket->Status returns undef. Returning undef, the checks
status="open" or status="new" fail and a transaction is created to set
the status to "open".

My questions:

1) Is there a difference in this point of view between 2.0.4 and 2.0.8?
2) Any ideas? I could set the right "ShowTicket" to the Everyone (so
everyone can send a correspondance regarding any ticket) but it seems to
be a bad solution
3) Sould it be more logical that this kind of fields be "public"

Thanks
Rafael