[rt-users] "Forward" to 3rd party patch

Jan Okrouhly okrouhly at civ.zcu.cz
Wed Apr 17 09:32:00 EDT 2002

On Wed, 17 Apr 2002, Scott A. McIntyre wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> > action to each transaction. This allows you to forward a transaction onto a
> > third party. If the third party happens to have permission to correspond on
> > the ticket, then they'll be able to reply straight back into RT.
>
> Very cool patch that I know a lot of people have been looking for.
> However, it doesn't actually work for me and I'm not seeing any logical
> reason why not.
>
> The scripactions and scripconditions tables have been updated, and
> indeed, both are visible in Scrips (is this required for Forwarding to
> work, by the way?  That you need a OnForward condition, with the right
> template, etc?  Tried it, no effect, indeed, it breaks with not being
> able to find the RT::Conditition::Forward module)

Isn't here missing something like insert_condition_OnForward.pl
containing something like (taken from my own very similar version, so
letter-case can be different;-):

my @ScripConditions = (
                       {
                        Name => 'OnForward',
                        Description =>  'When a message is forwarded',
                        ApplicableTransTypes =>  'Forward',
                        ExecModule => 'AnyTransaction',
                       },

                      );

> [...]
>
> > -	else {
> > +	} elsif ($args{ARGSRef}->{'UpdateType'} eq 'forward') {
>
> (from Web.pm)
>
> In the latest rt, this syntax has changed slightly:
>
>             } elsif ( $trans_type eq 'Correspond' && $trans_flag >= 0 )
>
> And so on...I've tried this in both fashions, in the hopes of getting
> forwarding to work, no joy.
>

> > +		( ForwardTo => $args{ARGSRef}->{'ForwardTo'},
> > +		  BccMessageTo => $args{ARGSRef}->{'UpdateBcc'},
> > +		  MIMEObj => $Message,
> > +		  TimeTaken => $args{ARGSRef}->{'UpdateTimeWorked'});
> > +	    push(@{$args{Actions}}, $Description);
> > +	} else {
> >  	    push(@{$args{'Actions'}}, "Update type was neither correspondence nor comment. Update not recorded");
> >  	}
> >      }
>
> Curiously, and perhaps this is where I'm going wrong still, I needed an
> additional closing brace within ProcessUpdateMessage() or Apache
> wouldn't start.  This makes the relevant bit:
>
>             if ( $trans_type eq 'Comment' && $trans_flag >= 0 ) {
>                 my ( $Transaction, $Description ) = $args{TicketObj}->Comment(
>                     CcMessageTo  => $args{ARGSRef}->{'UpdateCc'},
>                     BccMessageTo => $args{ARGSRef}->{'UpdateBcc'},
>                     MIMEObj      => $Message,
>                     TimeTaken    => $args{ARGSRef}->{'UpdateTimeWorked'}
>                 );
>                 push ( @{ $args{Actions} }, $Description );
>             } elsif ( $trans_type eq 'Correspond' && $trans_flag >= 0 ) {
> 	        my ( $Transaction, $Description ) = $args{TicketObj}->Correspond(
>                     CcMessageTo  => $args{ARGSRef}->{'UpdateCc'},
>                     BccMessageTo => $args{ARGSRef}->{'UpdateBcc'},
>                     MIMEObj      => $Message,
>                     TimeTaken    => $args{ARGSRef}->{'UpdateTimeWorked'}
>                 );
>                 push ( @{ $args{Actions} }, $Description );
>             } elsif ($args{ARGSRef}->{'UpdateType'} eq 'forward') {
>                 my ( $Transaction, $Description) = $args{TicketObj}->Forward(
>                  ForwardTo      => $args{ARGSRef}->{'ForwardTo'},
>                  BccMessageTo   => $args{ARGSRef}->{'UpdateBcc'},
>                  MIMEObj        => $Message,
>                  TimeTaken      => $args{ARGSRef}->{'UpdateTimeWorked'});
>                push( @{ $args{Actions} }, $Description);
>            } else {
>             push ( @{ $args{'Actions'} }, "Update type was neither correspondence nor comment nor forward. Update not recorded");
>         }
>    }
> }
>
> }
>

> I've been staring at the function for a few hours, so I may be missing
> something obvious.  I've also tried the elsif as:
>
>             } elsif ( $trans_type eq 'forward') {
>
> and
>
>             } elsif ( $trans_type eq 'forward' && $trans_flag >=0 ) {
>
> Also, no change in actually forwarding.
>
> Sorry for the braindeadness of the question, I know the solution is
> close (and yes, I've restarted apache), but not quite close enough.
>
> Any thoughts on the obvious, or non-obvious, would be appreciated.  This

Jan Okrouhly
Laboratory for Computer Science             |    phone: (420 19) 7491588
University of West Bohemia                  | location: Univerzitni 22
Americka 42, 306 14 Pilsen, Czech Republic  |     room: UI404