[rt-users] RT 2.0.13 upgrade on Redhat 7.2

Christian proftp_cj at kdd.de
Tue Apr 23 03:11:02 EDT 2002

At 13:13 02.04.2002 +0200, Harald Wagener wrote:
>Frank Reppin wrote:
>>On Thu, 28 Mar 2002, Yan Fitterer wrote:
>>
>>>Hi,
>>
>>Hello,
>>
>>>Has anybody managed to get RT working on a Redhat 7.2 install?
>>
>>Yes, I tested this with success.
>>
>>>Had 2.0.4 working like a charm for a while, then upgraded Redhat to 7.2.
>>>No problems.
>>>
>>>Then upgraded RT to 2.0.13 - and Apache dies on startup. No messages in
>>>any of the logs (rt, Apache, or the system log).
>>
>>I had exactly the same problem. Solution :
>>compiling mod_perl *into* apache sources solved it (as mentioned
>>in the FAQ too) solved my problems and since then it works great.
>

>Another fix should be to upgrade to perl-5.6.1 and the according mod_perl
>and apache packages. updates are available from redhat. Remember though,
>that You mght have to reinstall all the needed modules.
>
>Regards,
>         Harald

Hello,
I have, unfortunately, exact the same Problem, now .

First I updated the whole System with all RedHat 7.2 Updates (incl. Perl
5.6.1) and then I installed RT 2.0.13.

Both possibilities of start reports OK
         /usr/sbin/apachectl start: httpd started
         service httpd start     [OK]

=> But httpd is dead. !!  (no message ... nothing)

Any fix / possibility without compiling a new apache with "mod_perl *into*" ??

best regards
Christian

--
PerlRequire /opt/rt2/bin/webmux.pl