[rt-users] RT2 Speed/performance problems.

Bruce Campbell bruce_campbell at ripe.net
Tue Aug 20 16:36:13 EDT 2002

On Tue, 20 Aug 2002, Dave Rolsky wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Aug 2002, Maren S. Leizaola wrote:
>
> > 	Maybe I am picky our just a lazy admin, but I believe that decent
> > system sould be maintainable, should be able install them in a snap,
> > reconfigure them, see what it is doing. You should be able to rebuild in
> > under one hour or less from nothing to live.
>
> It sounds like you're lazy.  Despite what Larry Wall says, it isn't
> _always_ a virtue.

Now now children, you're starting to sound like the qmail list.  _Thats_
the unfortunate aspect, not that someone has found RT2 not to their
liking.

Maren, its unfortunate that you've found RT2 to be unusable.  Should you
wish to return to RT, the rt-users list can assist you provided that you
ask for assistance and provide details of the problem.

For rather lightweight ticket/problem managers, theres gnats or
{w,www}req.  For medium weight, bugzilla or RT1 with a bit of spit and
polish to add the requested features (there are hints on how to do this in
rt-users about a year or more ago).

Kind regards,

                   Systems/Network Engineer                             NCC
                 www.ripe.net - PGP562C8B1B             Operations/Security