[rt-users] moved to queue -> notify watcher ?

Jan Okrouhly okrouhly at civ.zcu.cz
Thu Dec 12 03:49:49 EST 2002

On Wed, 11 Dec 2002, Tony Aiuto wrote:

> >Len Kranendonk - www.primaat.com
> >Maybe this is a newbe question, but how can I notify the new queue
> >watchers when a ticket is moved from one queue to onother ?
>
> There is an OnQueueChange condition available on the contrib site
> http://www.fsck.com/pub/contrib/2.0/

This is a wrong URL. The correct one is
http://www.fsck.com/pub/rt/contrib/2.0/rt-addons/ScripConditions/OnQueueChange/

And this is a Template which sends all ticket history to new queue
watchers (if you'll need it):

{$Transaction->Description} on {$Transaction->CreatedAsString}.

     Subject: {$Transaction->Subject || $Ticket->Subject || "(No subject
given)"}
       Owner: {$Ticket->OwnerObj->Name}
  Requestors: {$Ticket->Requestors->EmailsAsString()}
 Ticket <URL: {$RT::WebURL}Ticket/Display.html?id={$Ticket->id} >

     History:
{my $j = $Ticket->Transactions;
while (my $t = $j->Next) {
$OUT.=sprintf <<EOFORM;
Date: @{[$t->CreatedAsString]} (@{[$t->TimeTaken]} minutes)
@{[$t->Description]}
EOFORM
    ;
my $attachments=$t->Attachments();
  while (my $message=$attachments->Next) {
    if ($message->ContentType =~ m{^(text/plain|message|text)$}) {
        $OUT.=$message->Content ;
    } else {
        $OUT.="\n<" . $message->ContentType . " not shown>\n";
    }
  $OUT.="\n";
  }
 }
}==========================================================================

> Install that and create an appropriate action.   You might
> want to create a new template for this which explains what
> queue you moved into.  At my site we use this template
>
> Name: QueueAssigned
> Content:
> Subject: Assigned to {$Ticket->QueueObj()->Name()}
>
> Your case was reviewed and assigned to the {$Ticket->QueueObj()->Name()} team.
>
> ICS Support
> support at ics.com
>
> We have a general incoming support queue and only notify the
> customer when we move the ticker from that to a product specific
> queue.  To do that, I made the action local to our support queue
> rather than global.
>
> -Tony Aiuto

Jan Okrouhly
Laboratory for Computer Science             |    phone: +420 377491 588
University of West Bohemia                  | location: Univerzitni 22
Americka 42, 306 14 Pilsen, Czech Republic  |     room: UI404