[rt-users] RT, Apache and PHP

Greg Smythe gregs at Intellstat.com
Tue Feb 12 18:29:18 EST 2002

Check your httpd.conf and make sure the line "AddType
application/x-httpd-php .php" isn't commented out....

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Greg Smythe
SysAdmin
Intellstat Communications
WA State Resident

-----Original Message-----
From: Rich Lafferty [mailto:rich at lafferty.ca]
Sent: Friday, February 08, 2002 8:30 PM
To: rt-users at lists.fsck.com
Subject: Re: [rt-users] RT, Apache and PHP

On Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 07:48:30PM -0500, Bolivar Geraldo
(bgeraldo at sockeye.com) wrote:
> I'm running the RT 2.0.11
>
> I have installed PHP4 on the server that is running my company's RT
> instance, but I'm having trouble getting Apache to parse .php files.
> When I comment the following out of my httpd.conf, everything works
> fine:
>
> PerlModule Apache::DBI
> PerlFreshRestart On
> PerlRequire /opt/rt2/bin/webmux.pl
> <Location />
>  SetHandler perl-script
>  PerlHandler RT::Mason
> </Location>
>
> When I put it back in, I get asked to download the .php file instead of
> parsing it. Can anyone tell me what exactly the code above does and/or
> if there is a way around this?

That <Location> block says to use the handler perl-script for
everything under "/". Probably not what you want, but I'm not sure
where the PHP-related stuff might reside to tell you how to fix it.

  -Rich

--
 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada    |  Save the Pacific Northwest Tree Octopus!