[rt-users] RT, Apache and PHP

darren chamberlain dlc at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Feb 10 11:03:03 EST 2002

Bolivar Geraldo <bgeraldo at sockeye.com> said something to this effect on 02/08/2002:
> When I put it back in, I get asked to download the .php file
> instead of parsing it. Can anyone tell me what exactly the code
> above does and/or if there is a way around this?

Modify webmux.pl to decline to handle .php files, like so:

  return DECLINED if $r->uri =~ /\.phps?$/;

Add it right after the call to RT::Init().

<rant>
  As an aside, I have a fundamental problem with HTML::Mason's
  assumptions that it will be handling *everything*; a better
  approach that the <Location /> nonsense would be the
  <FileMatch "*\.html$"> approach (or whatever your Mason-handled
  components are named), so that you don't run into these issues.
  One of the first lines of every HTML::Mason handler method is
  *always* "return DECLINED unless $i_want_to_handle_this_type",
  which defeats the whole purpose of Apache's TypeChecking phase.
</rant>

(darren)

--
Don't be ashamed to say what you are not ashamed to think.