[rt-users] problems with reply from ticket

Peter E. Popovich peter at popovich.net
Tue Jan 15 19:58:47 EST 2002

> > http://fsck.com/rtfm/article.html?id=5#73
> I wish this were configurable.

I suppose you could override the Notify class.

The code's in /path/to/rt/lib/RT/Action/Notify.pm:
    #Strip the sender out of the To, Cc and AdminCc and set the
    # recipients fields used to build the message by the superclass.
    @{$self->{'To'}} = grep (!/^$creator$/, @To);
    @{$self->{'Cc'}} = grep (!/^$creator$/, @Cc);
    @{$self->{'Bcc'}} = grep (!/^$creator$/, @Bcc);

If I were more familiar with perl, I'd suggest a way to add a data element
(strip_sender, default to undef) to the packaged Notify object, then that
default assignment could be overridden in a theoretical subclassed action
.pm called "NotifyPlusSender", which you could use as a basis for custom
scrips. Then you could wrap the above-quoted code in an if.

Or something. I don't know enough perl to grok its object-oriented
terminology, much less the syntax for that kind of change.