[rt-users] make install problems (insertdata)

Jedrzej.M.Gajewski at gsk.com Jedrzej.M.Gajewski at gsk.com
Wed Jan 16 12:23:42 EST 2002

That is news for me. I read the documentation before proceeding, and it
stated that there are known issues with Oracle. It did not say it is
unusable and more specifically, uninstallable. Maybe the README
documentation should be upgraded to reflect that more clearly before people
spend time to get it working.

Thanks for the clarification though....

Jedrzej G.

                    "Jesse Vincent"
                    <jesse at bestprac
                    tical.com>
                                          To:     Jedrzej.M.Gajewski

                    16-Jan-2002           cc:     rt-users
                    12:15                 Subject:     Re: [rt-users] make install problems (insertdata)

You really, really don't want to be running RT on oracle in production.
You probably don't even want to be running it for the hell of it, unless
you intend to be doing development on the oracle port.  The oracle port
is currently proof-of-concept level. Patches are gratefully appreciated.

     -j

On Wed, Jan 16, 2002 at 11:54:25AM -0500, Jedrzej.M.Gajewski at gsk.com wrote:
> Trying to install RT 2-0-11with Oracle 8i. I get an error near the end of
> the make install. Searched the archives and did not find anything on
this.
> Nothing in the FAQ about it.
>
> cp -rp ./tools/insertdata \
>          //bioinfo/apps/unsupported/rt2/etc
> /bioinfo/apps/bin/perl -p -i -e "
> s'!!RT_ETC_PATH!!'/bioinfo/apps/unsupported/rt2/etc'g;\

s'!!RT_LIB_PATH!!'/bioinfo/apps/unsupported/rt2/lib'g;"\
>         //bioinfo/apps/unsupported/rt2/etc/insertdata
> /bioinfo/apps/bin/perl /bioinfo/apps/unsupported/rt2/etc/insertdata
> DBI->connect(dbname=DEV;host=131.111.77.831) failed: Can't connect using
> this syntax without specifying a HOST and a SID at

/home/gastov/perlmod/lib/site_perl/5.005/DBIx/SearchBuilder/Handle/Oracle.pm